Life Comes at you and from there it is all about the choices we make, how we deal with those choices and how we act and react to the people and things around us. My goal: Happiness. I surround myself with happy people when I can. And if by chance I bring some happiness to others along the way it just goes to show; It Is What It Is

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Am I Needy

I recently asked a friend why she did not have a blog. She is intelligent, well spoken, and like most of the rest of us opinionated about most things. She told me that she is not narcissistic enough to need to have her thoughts out there for the world to read. And I thought to myself, Hmmmm?

I travel for my job - often. As I move around during my trips I text certain people in my life to keep them informed of where I am, and that I am safe. On Plane, at first layover, on second flight, arrived safely. As I amen route I guess I figured those who love me want to know I am okay. Recently one of my co-workers went on a trip. She did not play the text anyone game to allow us to know when she arrived, and we only knew she was home safely when we texted to ask her, even though she had been asked by our boss to check in. I asked why I did this automatically and the other woman did not. I was told that my coworker was more independent than I am and that I am needy. I always thought I was being considerate - I guess not.
These are not the first times in my life that I have been called needy. I had a previous partner who said I was way too needy. I don’t get it? I have been thinking about this a lot lately, because I am not a hundred percent sure what this all means!

What is it to be needy in a partnership, lovership, relationship? Is it needy to want a call to say good morning, goodnight, I love you? Is it needy to want someone to want to spend time with you when they can? Or to have someone who wants to hear about your day and wants to tell you about theirs? Is it needy to want someone who wants to lay down with you at night and wake with you in the morning?

What is it to be needy in a friendship? Is it needy to want to spend time with your friends? Is it needy to want to have a friend call you as often as you call them? Is it needy to want to be included in your friends important events or to have them included in yours? Is it needy to want a call every once in a while just to find out how you are and acceptance when you call for the same?

What is it to be needy at your place of employment? Is it needy to want an attagirl or a good job? Is it needy to want a list and acknowledgement of completion? Is it needy to want recognition for going above and beyond?

I guess if the answers to the above are yes, then I will have to accept to fact that if that is considered needy, I guess I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment