Life Comes at you and from there it is all about the choices we make, how we deal with those choices and how we act and react to the people and things around us. My goal: Happiness. I surround myself with happy people when I can. And if by chance I bring some happiness to others along the way it just goes to show; It Is What It Is

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Bigotry, Ignorance and Hatred.

The year is 2011 and we still judge people and make comments on things that make little to no difference in our lives whatsoever.  I am sickened and distressed by the small mindedness and the hatred from people who need to be looking at their own lives and not commenting on others!

"Them thars strong words little lady, what brang them on"

A few days ago, AOL did one of their little featurette blurbs on Ellen DeGeneres' vacation photos with her wife and what I suppose are her friends and family.  They posted their pictures from St. Barts and I have to say that many of them were breathtaking views of the area.  There were also photos of them doing vacation stuff. When viewing the photos you could feel they were having a good time and there was obvious love of each other and those who were there.

Now let me state, that in order to view these photos one had to click the link, then click through the photos.  Not a lot of intelligence to do these steps, but an effort had to be made to push the buttons to view the pictures.

After the pictures there was the usual comment section.  This is where my blood begins to boil, my blood pressure sky rockets, and I really am ready to lose my cool.  Some of the comments were from negative hate mongers who just have to spoil a beautiful family moment.  REALLY?  It took effort to get to that part of the page.  If you are not interested WHY GO THERE.  And the things that people have the audacity to print about people they know nothing about is absurd.

Who has the right to judge what others do behind closed doors with another consenting adult?  And why would anyone want to spew their ignorant bigoted blitherings on an open site? 

I am not the sharpest crayon in the box, but a few of the things I learned a long time ago from my daddy were 1 - If you don't know what you are talking about don't talk, and 2 - If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. In other words, keep your freakin mouth closed and maybe you'll learn something.

We live in a world today that is very different from where it was even ten years ago.  We raise our children to be able to survive in this ever changing space they are in and as adults if you don't adapt to what is going on around you, you will fail!  People spout off from religious points of view that its not right, from scientific points of view that its not natural.  Well wake up and look around you - It is natural to be different in every species and even the religions - ALL OF THEM are taking a look at sexual difference to see where this fits today.

I don't like spinach or asparagus, and I am uninterested in extreme sports - all of which I have tried before I came to these conclusions.  I certainly don't disparage anyone who likes these things.  Don't knock it til you try it, and if its not for you after you do it, then at least have an open enough mind to know that to some people its for them!

2 comments:

  1. But Wendy don't you know, those people post comments not because they are ignorant but 1) because they can 2) because they think THEY are right and you should admit your wrong and 3) just to make your blood boil. When you get angry you give them exactly what they want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. I also think that part of what is going on here is that it's gotten so much easier to make comments anonymously and at a distance -- people feel free to say hateful things to another person, while hidden behind an internet alias, when they would never say those things to someone if face-to-face. Like everything, our ease of communication and the speed of information transfer these days has a downside.

    ReplyDelete